lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Lucene slow performance
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 22:49:12 GMT
Hi,

with standard configuartion, this cannot happen. What merge policy do you use? This looks
to me like a misconfigured merge policy or using the NoMergePolicy. With 3,000 segments, it
will be slow, the question is, why do you get those?

Another thing could be: Do you always close IndexWriter after adding few documents and when
closing, disable "wait for merge"? In that case, all merges are interrupted and the merge
policy never has a chance to merge at all (because you are opening and closing IndexWriter
all the time with cancelling all merges)?

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen