lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Wei Wang <welshw...@gmail.com>
Subject Lucene filter questions
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 01:16:14 GMT
Hi,

I am a Lucene user and I have a few questions about Lucene filters.
I appreciate it if someone can shed light on this.

1. Is Lucene filters such as TermsFilter thread-safe in general?
    The semantics of a Filter is fixed, unless a filter maintains some
private state information, theoretically it could be thread-safe and
the same Filter can be used by multiple queries at the same time.

2. Does Lucene has a global Caching mechanism for filters or even
queries? Or a user has to manage them by himself?
    It probably can better use resource if the cached filters/queries
are managed at a central place. I noticed FilterManager was removed
from Lucene 4. Is there another class replacing FilterManager?

Thanks!
Wei