lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jon Stewart <...@lightboxtechnologies.com>
Subject testing whether a field has terms before adding document to Index
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2013 19:32:04 GMT
Hello,

I have an application where a great many documents may not have any
terms after StandardAnalyzer has had its way with the body. In that
case, depending on some other metadata, I may not wish to add the
document to the index altogether. Is there a way to tell?

i.e., current I'm doing this:

Document doc = new Document();
doc.addField(new Field("body", bodyString, INDEXED | etc));
MyIndexWriter.add(doc);

and I'd like to do this:

Field body = new Field("body", bodyString, INDEXED | etc);
if (body has terms post-analysis) {
  Document doc = new Document();
  doc.addField(body);
  MyIndexWriter.add(doc);
}

Is it possible to do this? I don't mind jumping through some hoops.

Thanks!

Jon
--
Jon Stewart, Principal