lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stephen Howe <silentgun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene vs RDBMS indexing at scale
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2013 22:29:06 GMT
Part of the answer depends on what kind of records you have. For instance,
are you dealing with a lot of numeric data?

If you need all those functions and only want to support exact matches and
basic boolean comparisons, then I'd go with a RDBMS instead of Lucene.
You'll get better support for the aggregate functions and save yourself the
overhead of having to worry about tokenization impeding your exact match
queries.