lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom score question
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 12:31:54 GMT
The score from the main query is passed to the customScore() methods
of CustomScoreProvider so you can tweak that as you will.  Or, easier,
use document boosting to set a low boost for common titles.  How are
you going to determine if a title is common or not?

Lucene by default will tend to favour rarer terms - maybe you can
achieve the same result more easily by using/tweaking an alternative
Similarity implementation.

--
Ian.