lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Grouping and tokens
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2013 07:21:16 GMT
Okay, so, fields that would normally need to be tokenized must be stored as
both raw strings for grouping and tokenized text for keyword search. Simply
use copyField to copy from one to the other.

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Ramprakash Ramamoorthy
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 11:13 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Grouping and tokens

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 9:47 PM, Jack Krupansky
<jack@basetechnology.com>wrote:

> Please clarify exactly what you want to group by - give a specific example
> that makes it clear what terms should affect grouping and which shouldn't.

Assume I am indexing a library data. Say there are the following fields for
a particular book.
1. Published
2. Language
3. Genre
4. Author
5. Title
6. ISBN

     While search time, the user can ask to group by any of the above
fields, which means all of them are not supposed to be tokenized. So as I
had told earlier, there is a book titled "Fifty shades of gray" and the
user searches for "shades". The result turns up in case the field is
tokenized. But here it doesn't, since it isn't tokenized. Hope I am clear?

     In a nutshell, how do I use a groupby on a field that is also
tokenized?

--
With Thanks and Regards,
Ramprakash Ramamoorthy,