lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Taylor <paul_t...@fastmail.fm>
Subject Re: What is equivalent to Document.setBoost() from Lucene 3.6 inLucene 4.1 ?
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 16:08:05 GMT
On 18/02/2013 16:04, Uwe Schindler wrote:
> It is not a regression, as per-Document boost were never working correctly. If you want
to boost documents in a consistent way (and make their scores in search results really using
that factor), you should index a DocValues field and use that in a CustomScoreQuery to boost
the results with that docvalues field. In Lucene 4.0 (together with other changes) we dropped
the "old-style", confusing, and incorrect feature.
Well per-Document boost seemed to worked for me with my tests. This new
method your propose sounds more complex and is different to what the
migration guide says so I don't see that as an improvement.

Paul