lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Igor Shalyminov <ishalymi...@yandex-team.ru>
Subject Sorting with FieldCache throughout all segments
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:13:47 GMT
Hi all!

I need to get top document IDs for a query by a custom sort method (e.g. "created" field,
or some multi-field condition), I use FieldCache for that purpose, as community members suggested
me.
With the latest Lucene Atomic* trends, I make per-segment top document lists.
It is fine within one segment, but when it comes to merging the results, it is very unconvenient
to compare stored fields between the segments (now my comparator needs to know what segments
my doc IDs are from, find the proper TermDocs, and at last compare).

To make it more convenient, do I have to make the global field cache by myself at the initialization
stage (RAM is not the bottleneck), or does Lucene API provide such features?

--
Best Regadrs,
Igor Shalyminov