lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From saisantoshi <saisantosh...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: TopDocCollector vs TopScoreDocCollector (semantics changed in 4.0, not backward comptabile)
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 21:54:57 GMT
Thanks a lot. Really appreciate your help here.

I have read through the document and understand that the IndexReader uses
sub readers (to look into the index files) and AtomicReader does not. But
how does this affect from the search stand point of view. I think search
results should be consistent for both the readers.

It happened to be my case that the search was behaving weird ( returning
incorrect Documents) until I am using the IndexReader and started to work
fine when I changed it back to "AtomicReader". Not sure if this has solved
the problem by changing it to AtomicReader? This seems to be a bug in the
IndexReader in 4.0

// indexReader.document(doc) is giving incorrect result in 4.0

// atomicReader.document(doc) is giving the correct result.