lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Konstantyn Smirnov <inject...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Confusion with Analyzer.tokenStream() re-use in 4.1
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 23:17:36 GMT
Thanks for the answer Uwe!

so the behavior has changed since the 3.6, hasn't it?

Now I need to instantiate the analyzer each time I feed the field with the
tokenStream, or it happens behind the scenes if I use new (String name,
String value, Field.Store store).

Another question then... Now I try my best to reuse the Document and Field
instances when indexing more than 1 document. Is the instantiation of an
analyzer heavy enough and shouldn't it be also re-used?