lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From heikki <tropic...@gmail.com>
Subject Custom score question
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 10:41:02 GMT
hello,

I have the following question:

is it possible to combine the result of a custom score, with the normal
relevance ranking score ?

We'd like to have a scoring where documents that have a "title" field that's
the same as the "title" of many other documents, are ranked lower. But
without losing the usual relevance ranking score--just influence it a bit.

I suppose I could make a CustomScoreQuery that calculates something based on
frequency of titles, but I don't see how that than might be combined with
the default ranking score.

Does anyone have a suggestion ?

Kind regards
Heikki Doeleman