lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From saisantoshi <>
Subject Re: Example settings for TieredMergePolicy : Lucene 4.0
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 23:39:13 GMT
Thanks. I read this ( and also tried it out in my code) and understand that
forceMerge(1) is not advisable for performance reasons. My question here is
if we don't have a way to compress these files, it will produce enormous
amount of files which will lead to some file system issues ( such as
exceeding the file descriptor issues). Not sure if there is any way to avoid
that kind of problem? How do we handle that situation with Lucene?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message