lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Wildcard in a text field
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2013 18:53:09 GMT
Hi Nicolas,

For trailing '*' only: On the query side, you can use a front-side EdgeNGramTokenFilter with
a large max gram size, followed by a PatternReplaceFilter with pattern "(.*)" and replacement
"$1*".

Steve

On Feb 8, 2013, at 10:14 AM, Nicolas Roduit <Nicolas.Roduit@jmicrovision.com> wrote:

> For instance, I have a list of tags related to a text. Each text with its list of tags
are put in a document and indexed by Lucene. If we consider that a tag is "buddh*" and I would
like to make a query (e.g. "buddha" or "buddhism" or "buddhist") and find the document that
contain "buddh*".

> Thanks,
>

> Le 08. 02. 13 13:35, Jack Krupansky a écrit :
>> That description is too vague. Could you provide a couple of examples of index text
and queries and what you expect those queries to match.

>> If you simply want to query for "*" and "?" in "string" fields, escape them with
a backslash. But if you want to escape them in "text" fields, be sure to use an analyzer that
preserves them since they generally will be treated as spaces.