lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: What is equivalent to Document.setBoost() from Lucene 3.6 inLucene 4.1 ?
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2013 16:04:56 GMT
It is not a regression, as per-Document boost were never working correctly. If you want to
boost documents in a consistent way (and make their scores in search results really using
that factor), you should index a DocValues field and use that in a CustomScoreQuery to boost
the results with that docvalues field. In Lucene 4.0 (together with other changes) we dropped
the "old-style", confusing, and incorrect feature.

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de