lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From v.se...@lombardodier.com
Subject forceMergeDeletes vs forceMerge(int)
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 15:02:55 GMT
hi, I have an index where I add and delete a lot numerous documents that
are a few kb in size.
to keep space on disk stable, I have been doing forceMergeDeletes then
forceMerge(5) regularly (after I do a big clean during the night).
I am wondering if forceMergeDeletes  would be sufficient for that purpose.
what do you think?
thanks,
v.

This message is intended only for use by the person to
whom it is addressed. It may contain information that is
privileged and confidential. Its content does not
constitute a formal commitment by Lombard Odier & Cie
or any of its branches or affiliates.
If you are not the intended recipient of this message,
kindly notify the sender immediately and destroy this
message. Thank You.