lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ramprakash Ramamoorthy <youngestachie...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple faceting in lucene
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 10:12:32 GMT
Hello,

        After reading the facet help document of Lucene 4, I can see it
helps for a folder structure like faceting. I would like to have a
multi-level/multiple faceting in my application.

        Let me explain, we have a requirement of something like a
contingency table
(wikipedia<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contingency_table> link).
Say we are having two fields a and b, I need to know the facet counts of b,
for each distinct value in a. Also apart from contingency matrix, this
could expand to more than 2 fields as well.

        Is there a way/work around lucene can help me with such multi level
faceting. Please advice. Thanks in advance.

--
With Thanks and Regards,
Ramprakash Ramamoorthy,