lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis <xekou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is LogByteSizeMergePolicy deterministic?
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2013 12:08:09 GMT
I havent started working on this yet. I use the LogByteSizeMergePolicy
because of personal reasons that have nothing to do with replication.
I havent found a lucene replication method. (?)

>From my research, there are 2 ways to replicate an index.

a) You stop indexing. You make a "hard" commit and you replicate the files
of this commit.
or you change the deletion policy and simply replicate an old commit while
you continue to index.

b)You send documents to both replicas which they index independently. This
is done to take advantage of the near-real-time feature of lucene.

when one replica goes offline but is intact, If the missed documents are a
lot you do a), else you replay the missed documents to the replica.

Method a) also seems to not be durable for the new documents which havent
been replicated yet. We have only one replica of them.