lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sean Bridges <sean.brid...@gmail.com>
Subject Pulsing40PostingsFormat in lucene 4.1
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 22:48:31 GMT
Hello,

We are trying to upgrade from lucene 4.0 to 4.1.  Our indexes were written
using Pulsing40PostingsFormat, which doesn't seem to be supported in 4.1.
 For writing new indexes, we can switch to Pulsing41PostingsFormat, but is
there an easy way to read our old indexes using Lucene 4.1?

What are the best practices for compatibility when using
PostingFormat/Codecs.  Pulsing40PostingsFormat was marked @experimental, so
perhaps we shouldn't have used it.  But every PostingFormat/Codec shipped
in 4.1 is either @experimental or @deprecated.

Thanks,

Sean