lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From arun k <arunk...@gmail.com>
Subject CompressingStoredFieldsFormat doesn't show improvement
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 13:20:16 GMT
Hi guys,

After hearing a lot about the CompressingStoredFieldsFormat i have done
some tests to find whether it has benefits for my indexes.

I have around 40 Stored fields of each say 40 chars and have around 10,000
docs in an index.

I have compared the index sizes and creation time for both Lucene 3.0.2 and
Lucene 4.1 and i see that Index size has not reduced much (only 1MB or so)
and index creation time has in fact doubled.

Does this mean it doesn't work for my scenario or did i miss out something ?

Thanks,
Arun