lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to add attributes to a field just like term's payload ?
Date Sun, 06 Jan 2013 17:23:34 GMT
Hi wiggify,

Lucene doesn't have direct support for what you want.

However, you can store a custom map in the index when you commit: <
https://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0/core/org/apache/lucene/index/IndexWriter.html#commit%28java.util.Map%29
>.

It will be your responsibility to associate that information with each
field, e.g. by using field names as keys in the map.

Steve