lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: IndexWriter deleteDocuments
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:27:14 GMT
Documents are still only "marked' as deleted.

expungeDeletes was renamed to forceMergeDeletes, but it's a horribly,
horribly costly operation.

Normal merging will collapse the deletes anyway, and the default merge
policy favors segments with more deletions ... so you shouldn't have
to force merge them away yourself.

Mike McCandless

http://blog.mikemccandless.com