lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bernd Müller <belu...@googlemail.com>
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2013 13:26:41 GMT
Hello,

In my index, I have documents identified by a field with their unique
identifier. Now, I tried to delete documents having such a unique
identifier using deleteDocuments(Term t). If I test the IndexWriter
for deletions with hasDeletions(), it tells me true. Even if I commit
and close the index, open, delete, and close again, it still
hasDeletions() being true.

In previous lucene versions, there was something like expungeDeletes()
to actually delete the documents that I deleted.

How can I delete a document with my IndexWriter in a way that it is
really deleted and not just flagged as deleted?

Regards,
  Bernd