lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bernd Müller <belu...@googlemail.com>
Subject StoredFieldsFormat / documentation
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 08:30:24 GMT
Hello,

In the lucene 4.1 release, there was introduced a compression for
stored fields as described here:

In the java-docs, I don't really find any documentation about the
application of StoredFieldsFormat and CompressingStoredFieldsFormat.

Where can I apply the field compression and provide parameters for the
compression level?

The documentation about the 4.0 and 4.1 releases with examples about
the changes aren't well documented. The wiki seems a little bit
outdated. For lucene 2 and 3, I have read the Manning-Series Lucene in
Action that doesn't have any successor so far for the lucene 4
release.

Does there exist any further documentation, especially with examples
for the new releases?

Regards,

  Bernd