lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From emmanuel Gosse <emmanuel.go...@gmail.com>
Subject FieldCacheTermsFilter performance
Date Sat, 19 Jan 2013 21:57:51 GMT
Hi,

I would like to share a performance problem about FieldCacheTermsFilter
between 3.0.3 and 4.0.0 Lucene versions.

I've made tests with the same application with 3.0.3 (my production
version) and 4.0.0.
And I found a "big" difference of response time.

I run "real life" injection of 400 000 queries and I obtain the average of
time response.
I used to run this type of tests to validate that we have no performance
regression.

So I've made other tests to find out where comes this difference.
Desactivating faceting or changing Directory used or other more...

And for one test, I desactivated the filters (I use only
FieldCacheTermsFilter) and I obtained the same average of time response.

To give some data :
20 millions of documents
3 indexes under a multireader
no indexations, only searcher (indexation is not implemented in this app)
400 000 queries with jmeter

Test :

3.0.3 or 4.0.0
Queries without filters : 60ms (average of time response)

Queries with filters:
3.0.3 : 150ms
4.0.0 : 400ms

The code difference of my application is only the required one to plug with
each Lucene version.

The fields used to filter are not stored and in 4.0.0 version, are
stringfield.
I checked that caches of fieldCache dont move for the test.

I have no more ideas to seek. Maybe I've not understood which type of field
I should use.

Emmanuel

-----------
Emmanuel Gosse
Fnac.Com <http://www.fnac.com>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message