lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CompressingStoredFieldsFormat doesn't show improvement
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2013 13:39:44 GMT
I make that about 15Mb of data - trivial.  What happens if you make
each field 400 chars and index a million or two?  If you really have
that few docs, what are you worrying about?

A doubling of indexing time from 3.0.2 to 4.1 is surprising, but for
40k docs are we talking about it taking 2 seconds rather than 1?  What
happens if ... as above.

--
Ian.