lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how much blocksize is set in lucene.
Date Thu, 10 Jan 2013 12:34:38 GMT
Not a clue and I don't recall ever seeing anything on this list about
disk block sizes etc.

General advice on disks for lucene is the faster the better.  SSDs are
reputably excellent and recommended.

Other than that I stick with my original advice: A good general
principle is to start with the defaults and only worry if there is a
problem.

--
Ian.

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 12:29 PM, hujing <huj.nju@gmail.com> wrote:
> The  index lib must be saved in the harddisk.  when harddisk can not save a large size
index lib, we will use  disk array.   the disk array must set stripe size.  so   i want to
know,when index lib saved in the disk array ,which stripe size will be set.  when   index
saved in the file sytem,  how much block size will be set?