lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alon Muchnick <a...@datonics.com>
Subject Re: potential memory leak when using RAMDirectory ,CloseableThreadLocal and a thread pool .
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 13:29:53 GMT
Robert you were absolutely right , we had a problem with our deployment
script and the Lucune Jars were not updated to 3.6.2 , they remained 3.0.3

after deploying the application again with the updated jars , the memory
leak is gone !
 (although i do see a lot more gc activity on the YoungGen after the
upgrade,i will need to investigate it further )

Mike thank you very much for the help as well , if you are still interested
on finding out what took the RAM in 3.0.3 version,
it looks like all the "org.apache.lucene.util.cache.SimpleLRUCache$1"
values in the weak hash map (also attached a screen shot).
if you like i can upload the full heap dump to some FTP.

thanks again .

Alon