lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Alan Woodward <a...@flax.co.uk>
Subject Re: SpanNearQuery with two boundaries
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2013 18:08:50 GMT
Hi Igor,

You could try wrapping the two cases in a SpanNotQuery:
	SpanNot(SpanNear(runs, cat, 10), SpanNear(runs, cat, 3))

That should return documents that have runs within 10 positions of cat, as long as they don't
overlap with runs within 3 positions of cat.

Alan Woodward
www.flax.co.uk

On 18 Jan 2013, at 16:13, Igor Shalyminov wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I want to perform search queries like this one:
> word:"dog" \1 word:"runs" (\3 \10) word:"cat"
>
> It is thus something like SpanNearQuery, but with two boundaries - minimum and maximum
distance between the terms (which in the \1-case would be equal).
> Syntax (as above, fictional:) itself doesn't matter, I just want to know if one is able
to build this type of query based on existing (Lucene 4.0.0) query classes.