lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade Lucene to latest version (4.0) from 2.4.0
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 20:23:50 GMT
Sai,

For the transition from 2.X to 3.X, I recommend compiling your code against the latest 2.9.X
version (2.9.4), looking at the deprecation messages, and making changes until these are all
addressed and compilation no longer produces deprecation messages.  Once that's done, your
code should compile against 3.0.X.

Unlike the 2.X->3.X transition, there was no "bridge" version that simplifies the upgrade
path from 3.X->4.0.  However, MIGRATE.txt contains a detailed list of upgrade notes from
3.X to 4.0.  See below for an HTML version of this file, called the "Migration Guide".

Check out the 4.0 "Changes" and "Migration Guide" (under "Reference Documents"):

    <http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_0_0/index.html>

(note that the 4.0 Changes page contains release notes for *all* previous versions.)

Steve