lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade Lucene to latest version (4.0) from 2.4.0
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 22:13:00 GMT
Of course you're free to do as you like - who will stop you? :)

The problem is the lack of a single place to look for detailed guidance on handling a long-distance
upgrade like that.

But it's difficult to generalize here: the possible range in the level of difficulty involved
is vast, depending on the amount of code involved, what parts of the API are being used, etc.