lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Gilmartin <and...@andrewgilmartin.com>
Subject Re: How to find related words ?
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 14:04:34 GMT
wgggfiy wrote:
> en, it seems nice, but I'm puzzled by you and Andrew Gilmartina above,
> what's the difference between you guys ?

The different is that similar documents do not give you similar terms. Similar documents can
show a correlation of terms -- ie, whereever Lucene is mentioned so is Solr and Hadoop --
but in no way does this mean that the terms are similar. Accumulating similar and/or synonymous
terms is a manual process. I am sure there are text mining tools/algorithms that make discoveries,
but I do not know about these. (I am a journeyman programmer not a researcher.) If anyone
does know about them, please share with this list.

-- Andrew