lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jack Krupansky" <j...@basetechnology.com>
Subject Re: Combine two BooleanQueries by a SpanNearQuery.
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:14:33 GMT
You need to express the "boolean" query solely in terms of SpanOrQuery and
SpanNearQuery. If you can't, ... then it probably can't be done, but you
should be able to.

How about starting with a plan English description of the problem you are
trying to solve?

-- Jack Krupansky

-----Original Message-----
From: Michel Conrad
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 11:01 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Combine two BooleanQueries by a SpanNearQuery.

Hi,

I am looking to get a combination of multiple subqueries.

What I want to do is to have two queries which have to be near one to
another.

As an example:
Query1: (A AND (B OR C))
Query2: D

Then I want to use something like a SpanNearQuery to combine both (slop 5):
Both would then have to match and D should be within slop 5 to A, B or C.

So my question is if there is a query that combines two BooleanQuery
trees into a SpanNearQuery.
It would have to take the terms that match Query 1 and the terms that
match Query 2, and look if there is a combination within the required
slop.

Can I rewrite the BooleanQuery after parsing the query as a
MultiTermQuery, than wrap these in SpanMultiTermQueryWrapper, which
can be combined by the SpanNearQuery?

Best regards,
Michel