lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Buso <nb...@ebi.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Faceted search in OR
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2013 20:28:47 GMT
Hi Shai,

the use case is simple. Suppose you want to buy an hi-fi on a online
shop. Go in the website in the Electronic department and write "hi-fi"
in the search box, the interface return you lots of results and a facet
on brands (10 brands values).
You select brand A and the results are filtered accordingly; suppose now
you want to filter adding to the results the brand D, you can't because
the filtered results by A don't contain values D for the brand facet.

Than how can I retrieve also the facets for the results not filtered?
I think it's a common use case when you permit to the user to filter in
OR by facets.

Nicola.