lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Nicola Buso <nb...@ebi.ac.uk>
Subject Re: FacetedSearch and MultiReader
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2013 15:39:31 GMT
Thanks for the reply Uwe,

we currently can search with MultiReader over all the indexes we have.
Now I want to add the faceting search, than I created a categories index
for every index I currently have.
To accumulate the faceted results now I have a MultiReader pointing all
the indexes and I can create a TaxonomyReader for every categories index
I have; all the way I see to obtain FacetResults are:
1 - FacetsCollector
2 - a FacetsAccumulator implementation

suppose I use the second option. I should:
- search as usual using the MultiReader
- than try to collect all the facetresults iterating over my
TaxonomyReaders; at every iteration:
  - I create a FacetsAccumulator using the MultiReader and a
TaxonomyReader
  - I get a list of FacetResult from the accumulator.
- as I finish I should in some way merge all the List<FacetResult> I
have.

I think this solution is not correct because the docsids from the search
are pointing the multireader instead the taxonomyreader is pointing to
the categories index of a single reader.
I neither like to merge all the List of FacetResult I retrieve from the
Accumulators.

Probably I'm missing something, can somebody clarify to me how I should
collect the facets in this case?

Nicola.