lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From saisantoshi <saisantosh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Field.Store.YES vs Field.Store.NO
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2013 03:41:53 GMT

Not sure what does the following below mean?

>>using Field.Store.NO the field itself is definitely searchable. You will
not be able to retrieve the field value itself

For example, if we have a file that we upload using some keywords and if the
keyword (is of type Field.Store.NO but is analyzed)

Does the above mean that the value (keyword) will not be retrieved from the
search result? but the file will be retrieved from the search. Please let me
know if my understanding is correct?

Thanks,
Sai.