lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From saisantoshi <saisantosh...@gmail.com>
Subject Upgrade Lucene to latest version (4.0) from 2.4.0
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 19:04:58 GMT
We have an existing application which uses Lucene 2.4.0 version. We are
thinking of upgrading it to alatest version (4.0). I am not sure the process
involved in upgrading to latest version. Is it just copying of the jars? If
yes, what are all the jars that we need to copy over. Will it be backward
compatible? Any additional measures we need to take care of?

With version 2.4.0, we have the following jars:
lucene-core-2.4.0.jar
lucene-analyzers-2.4.0.jar

With 4.0:
lucene-analyzers-common-4.0.0.jar