lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: Cannot instantiate SPI class
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 08:27:53 GMT
>      indexWriterConfig = createObject( "java",
> "org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriterConfig" ).init( Lucene.Version,
> this.indexAnalyzer );

What syntax is that, I have never seen that before!

> where Lucene.Version is an object of Lucene.VERSION_40 and
> this.indexAnalyzer is an Analyzer object that I create before.  one possible
> problem is that Railo ships with a very old version of Lucene, so I had to
> disable some of the jars that ship with Railo but I believe that I removed all of
> them.  I also had to disable a jar of apache-commons-codec that ships with
> Railo to avoid version conflicts.
> stacktrace below:
> 

Which still does not contain the root cause (this comes *after* the stack trace), printed
like:

Cannot instantiate SPI class: 
org.apache.lucene.codecs.appending.AppendingCodec at 
org.apache.lucene.util.NamedSPILoader.lookup(NamedSPILoader.java:104):104 at
....<lots of stack trace, mostly uninteresting>...
Caused by: other Exception stack trace

I need everything behind Caused By.

I must tell you: The line numbers in this stack trace don't correspond to the ones officially
released Lucene 4.0, so it looks like you have a version mismatch, maybe involving alpha/beta/snapshot
versions of Lucene, and one of these old versions is causing the bug, that was already mentioned
by Steven. Line 104 in NamedSPILoader of Lucene 4.0 has different code, so I think your lucene-core.jar
file is outdated.

2nd: If you don't have lucene-codecs.jar, then this error *cannot* happen! If it happens,
you have some lucene-codecs.jar file with a different Lucene version on your classpath. What's
the error *without* lucene codecs.jar? (you don’t need that file!)

Uwe

> Cannot instantiate SPI class:
> org.apache.lucene.codecs.appending.AppendingCodec at
> org.apache.lucene.util.NamedSPILoader.lookup(NamedSPILoader.java:104):
> 104 at
> org.apache.lucene.codecs.PostingsFormat.forName(PostingsFormat.java:10
> 0):100
> at
> org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene40.Lucene40Codec.<init>(Lucene40Codec.j
> ava:114):114
> at
> org.apache.lucene.codecs.appending.AppendingCodec.<init>(AppendingCo
> dec.java:34):34
> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method):-2 at
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source):-
> 1 at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
> Source):-1 at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown
> Source):-1 at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source):-1 at
> java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source):-1 at
> org.apache.lucene.util.NamedSPILoader.reload(NamedSPILoader.java:62):62
> at
> org.apache.lucene.util.NamedSPILoader.<init>(NamedSPILoader.java:42):42
> at
> org.apache.lucene.util.NamedSPILoader.<init>(NamedSPILoader.java:37):37
> at org.apache.lucene.codecs.Codec.<clinit>(Codec.java:41):41 at
> org.apache.lucene.index.LiveIndexWriterConfig.<init>(LiveIndexWriterConfi
> g.java:118):118
> at
> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriterConfig.<init>(IndexWriterConfig.java:1
> 45):145
> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> Method):-2 at
> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source):-
> 1 at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
> Source):-1 at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown
> Source):-1 at
> railo.runtime.reflection.pairs.ConstructorInstance.invoke(ConstructorInstanc
> e.java:34):34
> at
> railo.runtime.reflection.Reflector.callConstructor(Reflector.java:653):653
> at railo.runtime.java.JavaObject.init(JavaObject.java:311):311 at
> railo.runtime.java.JavaObject.call(JavaObject.java:235):235 at
> railo.runtime.java.JavaObject.call(JavaObject.java:272):272 at
> railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(Variabl
> eUtilImpl.java:723):723
> at
> railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1506):150
> 6 at
> s21.search.lucene4search_cfc$cf._1(E:\Websites\_S21WAF\CFC\s21\search\
> Lucene4Search.cfc:92):92
> at
> s21.search.lucene4search_cfc$cf.udfCall(E:\Websites\_S21WAF\CFC\s21\sea
> rch\Lucene4Search.cfc):-1
> at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:103):103 at
> railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:371):371 at
> railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:284):284 at
> railo.runtime.type.scope.UndefinedImpl.call(UndefinedImpl.java:775):775
> at
> railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(Variabl
> eUtilImpl.java:723):723
> at
> railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1506):150
> 6 at
> s21.search.lucene4search_cfc$cf._1(E:\Websites\_S21WAF\CFC\s21\search\
> Lucene4Search.cfc:142):142
> at
> s21.search.lucene4search_cfc$cf.udfCall(E:\Websites\_S21WAF\CFC\s21\sea
> rch\Lucene4Search.cfc):-1
> at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:103):103 at
> railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:371):371 at
> railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:284):284 at
> railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:572):572 at
> railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:490):490 at
> railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.call(ComponentImpl.java:1781):1781 at
> railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(Variabl
> eUtilImpl.java:723):723
> at
> railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1506):150
> 6 at
> _test.lucene4_cfm$cf.call(E:\Websites\21solutions\_test\lucene4.cfm:14):14
> at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:772):772
> at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:753):753
> at
> railo.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener._onRequest(ModernAppListener.
> java:183):183
> at
> railo.runtime.listener.MixedAppListener.onRequest(MixedAppListener.java:
> 18):18
> at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(PageContextImpl.java:2255):2255
> at railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(PageContextImpl.java:2222):2222
> at
> railo.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineImpl.java:31
> 5):315
> at railo.loader.servlet.CFMLServlet.service(CFMLServlet.java:29):29 at
> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722):722 at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFi
> lterChain.java:305):305
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChai
> n.java:210):210
> at
> net.twentyonesolutions.servlet.filters.RequestThreadsMonitor.doFilter(Req
> uestThreadsMonitor.java:152):152
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFi
> lterChain.java:243):243
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChai
> n.java:210):210
> at
> net.twentyonesolutions.servlet.filters.BlockedIpFilter.doFilter(BlockedIpFilte
> r.java:90):90
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFi
> lterChain.java:243):243
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChai
> n.java:210):210
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV
> alve.java:222):222
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextVal
> ve.java:123):123
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:
> 168):168
> at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:9
> 9):99
> at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.
> java:118):118
> at
> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:4
> 07):407
> at
> org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProcessor.process(AjpAprProcessor.java:197):
> 197
> at
> org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(Ab
> stractProtocol.java:585):585
> at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(AprEndpoint.j
> ava:1813):1813
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source):-1
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source):-
> 1 at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source):-1
> 
> thanks,
> 
> 
> Igal
> 
> 
> On 1/8/2013 11:52 PM, Uwe Schindler wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > can you give the *full* stack trace including nested Exceptions (root
> causes)? There is also the problem, that the line numbers are not matching
> the ones from Lucene 4.0 - so maybe you are using different JAR versions in
> your webapp? This could be caused e.g. by an older lucene 4.0 JAR file
> together with codecs.jar of a different version. Please make sure that all JAR
> files are next to each other in the same classloader.
> >
> > The problem here is *not* that the lucene-codecs.jar file is missing or the
> class was not found. Ignoring the line numbers and looking at the "message"
> text, the problem here is that the code was not able to create an instance of
> that class, but it already found and loaded it. The problem here is that you did
> not post the nested Exception so there is no chance to say, why calling the
> constructor failed. One reason may be a security manager in your application
> server, preventing to init the class, but this cannot be checked unless I have
> the full stack trace.
> >
> > Does it work if you use standard codec? Why do you use appending? What
> happens when yu use only lucene-core.jar and use the default codec only? If
> you don't use appending codec then there is something really crazy with your
> setup and we need, in any case, the full stack trace.
> >
> > Uwe
> >
> > -----
> > Uwe Schindler
> > H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
> > http://www.thetaphi.de
> > eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de
> >
> >
> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> From: Igal @ getRailo.org [mailto:igal@getrailo.org]
> >> Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 4:53 AM
> >> To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
> >> Subject: Cannot instantiate SPI class
> >>
> >> I'm trying to access Lucene4 from Railo (an open-source application
> >> server)
> >>
> >> when I try to create an IndexWriterConfig I get the error:  Cannot
> >> instantiate SPI class:
> >> org.apache.lucene.codecs.appending.AppendingCodec
> >>
> >> any ideas?
> >>
> >> TIA
> >>
> >> stacktrace below:
> >>
> >> Cannot instantiate SPI class:
> >> org.apache.lucene.codecs.appending.AppendingCodec at
> >>
> org.apache.lucene.util.NamedSPILoader.lookup(NamedSPILoader.java:104):
> >> 104 at
> >>
> org.apache.lucene.codecs.PostingsFormat.forName(PostingsFormat.java:1
> >> 0
> >> 0):100
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.lucene.codecs.lucene40.Lucene40Codec.<init>(Lucene40Codec.
> >> j
> >> ava:114):114
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.lucene.codecs.appending.AppendingCodec.<init>(AppendingCo
> >> dec.java:34):34
> >> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> >> Method):-2 at
> >> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
> >> Source):-
> >> 1
> >> at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
> >> Source):-1 at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown
> >> Source):-1 at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source):-1 at
> >> java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source):-1 at
> >>
> org.apache.lucene.util.NamedSPILoader.reload(NamedSPILoader.java:62):
> >> 62
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.lucene.util.NamedSPILoader.<init>(NamedSPILoader.java:42):
> >> 42
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.lucene.util.NamedSPILoader.<init>(NamedSPILoader.java:37):
> >> 37 at org.apache.lucene.codecs.Codec.<clinit>(Codec.java:41):41 at
> >> org.apache.lucene.index.LiveIndexWriterConfig.<init>(LiveIndexWriterC
> >> onfi
> >> g.java:118):118
> >> at
> >> org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriterConfig.<init>(IndexWriterConfig.ja
> >> va:1
> >> 45):145
> >> at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native
> >> Method):-2 at
> >> sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
> >> Source):-
> >> 1
> >> at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown
> >> Source):-1 at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown
> >> Source):-1 at
> >> railo.runtime.reflection.pairs.ConstructorInstance.invoke(Constructor
> >> Instanc
> >> e.java:34):34
> >> at
> >> railo.runtime.reflection.Reflector.callConstructor(Reflector.java:653
> >> ):653 at railo.runtime.java.JavaObject.init(JavaObject.java:311):311
> >> at
> >> railo.runtime.java.JavaObject.call(JavaObject.java:235):235 at
> >> railo.runtime.java.JavaObject.call(JavaObject.java:272):272 at
> >> railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(Va
> >> riabl
> >> eUtilImpl.java:723):723
> >> at
> >> railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1506):
> >> 150
> >> 6 at
> >>
> s21.search.lucene4search_cfc$cf._1(E:\Websites\_S21WAF\CFC\s21\search
> >> \
> >> Lucene4Search.cfc:92):92
> >> at
> >>
> s21.search.lucene4search_cfc$cf.udfCall(E:\Websites\_S21WAF\CFC\s21\s
> >> ea
> >> rch\Lucene4Search.cfc):-1
> >> at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:103):103 at
> >> railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:371):371 at
> >> railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:284):284 at
> >> railo.runtime.type.scope.UndefinedImpl.call(UndefinedImpl.java:775):7
> >> 75
> >> at
> >> railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(Va
> >> riabl
> >> eUtilImpl.java:723):723
> >> at
> >> railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1506):
> >> 150
> >> 6 at
> >>
> s21.search.lucene4search_cfc$cf._1(E:\Websites\_S21WAF\CFC\s21\search
> >> \
> >> Lucene4Search.cfc:142):142
> >> at
> >>
> s21.search.lucene4search_cfc$cf.udfCall(E:\Websites\_S21WAF\CFC\s21\s
> >> ea
> >> rch\Lucene4Search.cfc):-1
> >> at railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.implementation(UDFImpl.java:103):103 at
> >> railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl._call(UDFImpl.java:371):371 at
> >> railo.runtime.type.UDFImpl.call(UDFImpl.java:284):284 at
> >> railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:572):572 at
> >> railo.runtime.ComponentImpl._call(ComponentImpl.java:490):490 at
> >> railo.runtime.ComponentImpl.call(ComponentImpl.java:1781):1781 at
> >> railo.runtime.util.VariableUtilImpl.callFunctionWithoutNamedValues(Va
> >> riabl
> >> eUtilImpl.java:723):723
> >> at
> >> railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.getFunction(PageContextImpl.java:1506):
> >> 150
> >> 6 at
> >> _test.lucene4_cfm$cf.call(E:\Websites\21solutions\_test\lucene4.cfm:1
> >> 4):14 at
> >> railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:772):772
> >> at
> >> railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.doInclude(PageContextImpl.java:753):753
> >> at
> >>
> railo.runtime.listener.ModernAppListener._onRequest(ModernAppListener.
> >> java:183):183
> >> at
> >>
> railo.runtime.listener.MixedAppListener.onRequest(MixedAppListener.java:
> >> 18):18
> >> at
> >>
> railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(PageContextImpl.java:2255):2255
> >> at
> >>
> railo.runtime.PageContextImpl.execute(PageContextImpl.java:2222):2222
> >> at
> >>
> railo.runtime.engine.CFMLEngineImpl.serviceCFML(CFMLEngineImpl.java:3
> >> 1
> >> 5):315
> >> at railo.loader.servlet.CFMLServlet.service(CFMLServlet.java:29):29
> >> at
> >> javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:722):722 at
> >> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
> >> icationFi
> >> lterChain.java:305):305
> >> at
> >> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
> >> ilterChai
> >> n.java:210):210
> >> at
> >> net.twentyonesolutions.servlet.filters.RequestThreadsMonitor.doFilter
> >> (Req
> >> uestThreadsMonitor.java:152):152
> >> at
> >> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
> >> icationFi
> >> lterChain.java:243):243
> >> at
> >> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
> >> ilterChai
> >> n.java:210):210
> >> at
> >> net.twentyonesolutions.servlet.filters.BlockedIpFilter.doFilter(Block
> >> edIpFilte
> >> r.java:90):90
> >> at
> >> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Appl
> >> icationFi
> >> lterChain.java:243):243
> >> at
> >> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationF
> >> ilterChai
> >> n.java:210):210
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperV
> >> alve.java:222):222
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextV
> >> al
> >> ve.java:123):123
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:
> >> 168):168
> >> at
> >> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.j
> >> ava:9
> >> 9):99
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.
> >> java:118):118
> >> at
> >> org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.jav
> >> a:4
> >> 07):407
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.coyote.ajp.AjpAprProcessor.process(AjpAprProcessor.java:197):
> >> 197
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(
> >> Ab
> >> stractProtocol.java:585):585
> >> at
> >>
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(AprEndpoin
> >> t.j
> >> ava:1813):1813
> >> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown
> >> Source):-1 at
> >> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source):-
> >> 1
> >> at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source):-1
> >>
> >> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >> To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
> >> For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
> >
> > ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> > To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
> > For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org
> >
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: java-user-unsubscribe@lucene.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: java-user-help@lucene.apache.org


Mime
View raw message