lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Which token filter can combine 2 terms into 1?
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2012 19:28:45 GMT
: Unfortunately, no...I am not combine every two term into one. I am
: combining a specific pair.

I'm confused ... you've already said that you expect you will need a
custom filter because your usecase is very special -- and you haven't
given us many details about exactly when/why/how you want to a filter to
decide to combine two tokens so no one can make a guess as to wether any
existing filter fits your usecase exactly -- but Alan did point out an
example of a filter you could look at as a guide for how to go about
cobining filters, and your response to that was that it isn't exactly what
you are looking for.

I think you need either need to give us more info about exactly what you
are looking for, or you need to look closer at the code for ShingleFilter
and ask more specific questions about the parts you don't understand in
the quest to implement your own custom filter.

: > Have a look at ShingleFilter:
: > http://lucene.apache.org/core/3_6_0/api/all/org/apache/lucene/analysis/shingle/ShingleFilter.html

: > > I think developing my own filter is the only resolution...but I just
: > cannot
: > > find a guide to help me understand what I need to do to implement a
: > > TokenFilter.

-Hoss