lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Shai Erera <ser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Alternative for WildcardQuery with leading *
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2012 09:20:15 GMT
Really off the top of my head, if that's an expected query, you can try to
index the words backwards (in that field) and then convert the query *plan
to nalp* :).

You can also index the suffixes of words, e.g. vacancyplan, acancyplan,
cancyplan and so forth, and then convert the query *plan to plan. Note that
it increases the lexicon !

Shai