lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ian Lea <ian....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to forcemerge a index library with many segmens to another dir?
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 09:39:44 GMT
So you want a copy of the merged index on another disk?  You could
just copy it, before or after the merge, your choice. Or create the
new index with an IndexWriter and call one of the addIndexes()
methods.  From the javadocs they sound to have different merge
effects.  Try it out and see what happens.

--
Ian.