lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Trejkaz <trej...@trypticon.org>
Subject Re: Difference in behaviour between LowerCaseFilter and String.toLowerCase()
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 06:33:51 GMT
On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 10:09 AM, Vitaly Funstein <vfunstein@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you don't need to support case-sensitive search in your application,
> then you may be able to get away with adding string fields to your
> documents twice - lowercase version for indexing only, and verbatim to
> store.

Actually, I will probably work around this solely in a custom
LowerCaseFilter if it's a big enough problem to do so... that way I
can fix it for all natural language fields in one shot.

But it depends on whether this is officially "intended behaviour" or a
bug... if it will be fixed anyway, there is no point in working around
it when nobody has noticed the issue except ourselves.

TX