lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bowden Wise <wi...@acm.org>
Subject Lock Errors within JBoss Environment
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2012 18:59:09 GMT
Hello,

I have been getting the following lock error when attempting to open an
index writer to add new documents to an index.

org.apache.lucene.store.LockObtainFailedException
Lock obtain timed out:
NativeFSLock@/opt/shared/data/CTXTMNG/PAC_INDEX/lucene/aero/prod/index/write.lock

Our ingest/index update process is started via a Quartz scheduler process
that runs daily; the Quartz scheduler is built into the JBoss
server that the application is installed in. I have seen the related posts
with respect to the NFS file system. However,
I have tested the same code outside of JBoss on the same file system and do
not see the error appear. So I suspect
that this is not an NFS issue but something particular to the JBoss
environment or JVM, etc.

Has anyone run a Lucene index update process using Quartz and JBoss? Any
words of wisdom or best practices?

Could this be the NFS issue but it manifests itself under JBoss but not
when running outside?

Lucene version 3.0.1
JBoss 4.3.0
Java 1.6