lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bowden Wise <wi...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Lock Errors within JBoss Environment
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 11:51:24 GMT
Hi Andrew

I am using Spring to define my Quartz job's and triggers. I use
org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean to
specify the targetobject and targetmethod of another java object that is
executed when the tirgger occurs. Since we are using JBoss, the scheduler
is created via JBoss.

Some questions:
- Once a job completes, is it garbage collected? I have been doing
debugging so have a trigger every hour (normally would be once a day). Upon
subsquent invocations, my debug log shows the same object being used, which
makes me wonder if the job is not getting terminated or cleaned up. How
long until a job goes 'orphan' ?
- Is there a way to get a reference to the JBoss quarttz scheduler from my
code to add job listeners or to see what jobs there are?

Thanks
Bowden