lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <Vitaly_Arte...@McAfee.com>
Subject RE: Lucene 4.0 scalability and performance.
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2012 13:30:09 GMT
Thank you

-----Original Message-----
From: Carsten Schnober [mailto:schnober@ids-mannheim.de]
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2012 3:25 PM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Lucene 4.0 scalability and performance.

Am 23.12.2012 12:11, schrieb Vitaly_Artemov@McAfee.com:

> This means that we need to index millions of document with TeraBytes of content and search
in it.
> For now we want to define only one indexed field, contained the content of the documents,
with possibility to search terms and retrieving the terms offsets.
> Does somebody already tested Lucene with TerabBytes of data?
> Does Lucene has some known limitations related to the indexed documents number or to
the indexed documents size?
> What is about search performance in huge set of data?

Hi Vitali,
we've been working on a linguistic search engine based on Lucene 4.0 and have performed a
few tests with large text corpora. There are at least some overlaps in the functionality you
mentioned (term offsets). See http://www.oegai.at/konvens2012/proceedings/27_schnober12p/
(mainly section 5).
Carsten

--