lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From <Vitaly_Arte...@McAfee.com>
Subject Lucene 4.0 scalability and performance.
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2012 11:11:38 GMT
Hi all,
We start to evaluate Lucene 4.0 for using in the production environment.
This means that we need to index millions of document with TeraBytes of content and search
in it.
For now we want to define only one indexed field, contained the content of the documents,
with possibility to search terms and retrieving the terms offsets.
Does somebody already tested Lucene with TerabBytes of data?
Does Lucene has some known limitations related to the indexed documents number or to the indexed
documents size?
What is about search performance in huge set of data?
Thanks in advance, Vitaly