lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <sar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene 4.0 scalability and performance.
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2012 18:20:27 GMT
Hi Vitaly,

Anything by Tom Burton-West should interest you - he works on the HathiTrust digital library
project <http://www.hathitrust.org>, which currently indexes 7TB of full-length books,
e.g.:

"Practical Relevance Ranking for 10 Million Books" (paper)
INEX 2012, September 2012, Rome, Italy
<http://www.clef-initiative.eu/documents/71612/943abea5-6e48-48dd-ba89-72c174d001ef>

"HathiTrust Large Scale Search: Scalability meets Usability" (slides)
Code4Lib 2012, February 2012, Seattle, Washington
<http://www.hathitrust.org/documents/HathiTrust-Code4Lib-201202.pptx>

"Large-scale Search" (blog)
<http://www.hathitrust.org/blogs/large-scale-search>

Steve

On Dec 23, 2012, at 6:11 AM, Vitaly_Artemov@McAfee.com wrote:

> Hi all,
> We start to evaluate Lucene 4.0 for using in the production environment.
> This means that we need to index millions of document with TeraBytes of content and search
in it.
> For now we want to define only one indexed field, contained the content of the documents,
with possibility to search terms and retrieving the terms offsets.