lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steve Rowe <>
Subject Re: Lucene 4.0 scalability and performance.
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2012 18:20:27 GMT
Hi Vitaly,

Anything by Tom Burton-West should interest you - he works on the HathiTrust digital library
project <>, which currently indexes 7TB of full-length books,

"Practical Relevance Ranking for 10 Million Books" (paper)
INEX 2012, September 2012, Rome, Italy

"HathiTrust Large Scale Search: Scalability meets Usability" (slides)
Code4Lib 2012, February 2012, Seattle, Washington

"Large-scale Search" (blog)

On Dec 23, 2012, at 6:11 AM, wrote:

> Hi all,
> We start to evaluate Lucene 4.0 for using in the production environment.
> This means that we need to index millions of document with TeraBytes of content and search
in it.
> For now we want to define only one indexed field, contained the content of the documents,
with possibility to search terms and retrieving the terms offsets.
> Does somebody already tested Lucene with TerabBytes of data?
> Does Lucene has some known limitations related to the indexed documents number or to
the indexed documents size?
> What is about search performance in huge set of data?
> Thanks in advance, Vitaly

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message