lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From BIAGINI Nathan <nathan.biag...@altanis.fr>
Subject Lucene, Serializable
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 09:09:38 GMT
I need to send a class containing Lucene elements such as `Query` over
the network using EJB and of course this class need to be serialized. I
marked my class as `Serializable` but it does not seems to be enough:

     org.apache.lucene.search.TermQuery is not Serializable

Indeed, when i read the javadoc of the last stable release of Lucene
(4.0), i can see that `TermQuery` does not implement Serializable,
`Query` neither. What i don't understand is why those classes used to
implement `Serializable` in the last release (3.6.1), and why it's no
longer the case?