lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Neil Ireson <n.ire...@dcs.shef.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Explicit setting of NIOFSDirectory not respected
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 15:14:06 GMT
Hi Uwe,

Unfortunately my IDE (Intellij) does not warn me about calling a static method on a different
class name, a nice idea I shall request the feature.

Anyway, my suggestion to avoid the confusion still holds; that the FSDirectory open method
is overridden in the subclasses, thus "NIOFSDirectory.open(File)" only opens a NIOFSDirectory
and has the same semantics as "new NIOFSDirectory(File)", which is what I would expect.

Obviously there is the Java weirdness that using FSDirectory nioFSDirectory = new NIOFSDirectory();,
then nioFSDirectory.open() will call FSDirectory.open, but that would be an odd thing to code.

Anyway only a suggestion.