lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Neil Ireson <>
Subject Re: Explicit setting of NIOFSDirectory not respected
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 15:14:06 GMT
Hi Uwe,

Unfortunately my IDE (Intellij) does not warn me about calling a static method on a different
class name, a nice idea I shall request the feature.
Anyway, my suggestion to avoid the confusion still holds; that the FSDirectory open method
is overridden in the subclasses, thus "" only opens a NIOFSDirectory
and has the same semantics as "new NIOFSDirectory(File)", which is what I would expect.

Obviously there is the Java weirdness that using FSDirectory nioFSDirectory = new NIOFSDirectory();,
then will call, but that would be an odd thing to code.

Anyway only a suggestion.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message