lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Neil Ireson <N.Ire...@dcs.shef.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Using GeohashPrefixTree for map clustering
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2012 02:14:23 GMT
Another stumbling block...

I want to be able to return those lat,lng values within the current map
viewport/window. This relates to
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrAdaptersForLuceneSpatial4#Sorting_and_Relevancy,
here it states "A common spatial requirement is to sort the search results
by distance from a point such as the center of a map window". My requirement
is just to return the results within the map window, although not by
imposing a query constraint, it is kind of like having a facet query as a
facet limit. In fact for performance reasons I don't mind receiving some
results outside the map window.

My thought is that the most efficient way is to calculate the 1 to 4 geohash
prefix tree grids which minimally encompass the map window. Then somehow
limit the results to being contained within these grids. So does that make
sense? I presume there is no straightforward way of doing this (prefix query
maybe?) without coding some solution.