lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Neil Ireson <n.ire...@dcs.shef.ac.uk>
Subject RE: Explicit setting of NIOFSDirectory not respected
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:37:18 GMT
Thanks for that, I had not realised that the open method was simply inherited from the FSDirectory,
I should have read the docs.

However, it makes no sense to me that a call to NIOFSDirectory.open() can end up opening a
MMapDirectory, and in general that a call to one subclass can end up opening any other of
the subclasses. Perhaps the open() method which selects the subclass should only be in the
FSDirectory class and the subclass open() methods should specifically open the class for which
they are called.